Digitall - Educators
TEACHERS K-12: FREE WORKSHOPS
DigitALL aims to increase digital literacy among non-tech K-12 teachers to improve their skills and methods of reaching learning outcomes in the classroom.
Teachers are the cornerstones to success in the 21st Century workforce. By educating teachers in how to use and leverage technology tools, and adapt to new ways of learning, we will achieve a one-to-many impact across the education system. We are offering free workshops and professional development days for educators. Continue reading below for links to upcoming sessions.
- Digital Responsibility (personal health & safety)
- Computational Thinking (problem solving, STEM, coding)
- Collaborative Classrooms (teams, soft skills)
- Innovating Pedagogy (sparking curiosity, investigation, and discovery)
- Life Skills & Workforce Preparation (cooperative work integration)
- Student-led Learning (creativity, critical thinking, collaboration, communication)
- Connecting Guardians and Schools (trust, transparency, participation)
- Emerging Technologies (virtual reality, augmented reality, artificial intelligence)
This project will provide opportunities for teachers to develop digital literacy skills which will create a multiplier effect in the schools and communities where they teach. As teachers become more proficient in their skills, they will be able to apply what they’ve learned in their classrooms to create experiential learning opportunities for their students. In addition, the program encourages peer-to-peer learning by developing teachers’ skills in using online collaboration tools. Teachers will better understand how their subject area is affected by digital literacy and they will be able to use some digital tools to teach a wide variety of topics.
Want an amazing professional development opportunity? Join in at the DisruptED Conference - January 30-31, 2020. Bring your perspective to the table and leave with new viewpoints and great connections. Teaching outcomes and classroom materials will be included. Find out more here.
Maple, Manitoba Education and Training’s private professional network, has provided safe and secure access to shared content to more than 7,000 teachers, administrators, clinicians, resource teachers and pre-service teachers in schools across Manitoba since 2013.
Program Director, Tech Manitoba